An article in the nytimes
, stresses how important it is for partners to reconnect after becoming parents and offers these solid pieces of advice:
- try not to be complacent - if you keep putting it off, intimacy can become difficult
- slow down + start over - intimacy is not only about sex
- put on your life preserver - "relying on others is an indirect way of working on intimacy"
- think about what turns you on - desire can spur on intimacy
- create a sanctuary in the bedroom - intimacy can be difficult when co-sleeping with a child
- do not back on spontaneity - intimacy might need to be planned + scheduled when you become parents!
- consider therapy - intimacy might need a little help...